Today I joined a site called Swagbucks. In just a few hours I've already earned 101 points. The first 50 or so points were purely accidental. I was playing around with the navigation of the site before I realized how the points actually rack up. Here are a few ways that I was able to gain points on my first day with swagbucks.
1. Using Their Search Engine : You can download the swagsbucks tool bar to search and keep track of your points. If you don't want to download the tool bar, you can make swagbucks your homepage and use the search engine that way.
2. Taking Surveys : Each survey that you complete can earn you swagbucks. You must create a survey profile that will help you qualify for available surveys. For instance, if you have children you may get the chance to do surveys about parent related topics. This took about 5 mins to do. I created my profile and completed a survey today.
3. Complete Tasks : There are several task that you can complete. I started a task today but was unable to finish (I had to pick up the kids). These are a bit more time consuming because you have to do a little research. Nonetheless you can quickly rack up points if you use the swagbucks search engine to help you complete the task.
4. Watching Videos : This was the fastest and easiest way to earn points in my opinion. I just clicked on the video and watched a few 5min segments. After about 10 videos (25 mins total) you receive 3 swagbucks. This may not seem like a lot but while I watched a video, I was also completing a task, survey or other swagbucks project. So far today, I've earned over 100 swagbucks! Once I reach around 400 swagbucks I can get a Amazon.com $5 giftcard. There are other prizes, but I have my eye on the Amazon gift card.
5. Referrals : Tell a friend and earn points when they sign up! It seems simple but I haven't delved into this portion of the swagbucks referrals yet..... unless you count this little ole post. By the way my referral link is below....
There's a ton of other ways to earn points and I'm still reading through them. As I learn more about it, I will update you!